Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#HarryPotterAndTheCursedChild mini spoiler free book review


Harry Potter And The Cursed Child is the long awaited sequel millions of Potter fans have been waiting for since the original tale of a skinny, bespectacled wizard reached it's epic conclusion in The Deathly Hours, though not in the form that many expected. Story number 8 has swooped in on it's Nimbus 2000 in the form of a play script. 

The story focusses now upon the offspring of some of the main players in the original Potter stories as they uncover a conspiracy once again to plunge the world back in to darkness in the most unexpected and typically evil of ways. The fact that it is written as a play script somewhat dampened the hype for me, however this was a concern I needn't have worried myself with. As you get used to it it fast becomes a typically magnetic and familiar tale so obviously crafted by good ol' J.K, and I often felt like I was becoming reacquainted with an old friend. The original cast members feel suitably matured but still sound believable as themselves - Potter is still Potter, Weasley still ridiculous, Hermione still infectiously intelligent, and their children feel a genuine mix of their parentage, whilst still being relatable as new, interesting characters in their own rights. 

Whilst not groundbreaking, it is certainly an absorbing story, and one which will hook all of you Potterheads in line and sinker, with insights and twists that feel well considered, and not just included for shock value. I read the script in a day in a few bursts, and it's not long, but the last time I was glued to a story like this may have been back when the original release of Philosophers Stone had come out. Try and ignore the hype, but don't discount it either. Highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment