Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#DeadFunny - Horror stories by comedians


A surprisingly intelligent blend of genres. How often when viewing a horror film to be find ourselves laughing at the absurdity of it? Dead Funny is a collection arranged by comedians and all around clever people Robin Ince and Johnny Mains, of short horror stories written by a selection of some of the finest comedians around.

I love a good collection of short stories. In an ever quickening pace of modern life the ability to pick up a book and finish an entire story quickly appeals to me. However as with all compilations there will be some that appeal and some that do not.

Whilst some really had me chuckling some were just severely eerie and dark. Some of the names I'd heard before, and some I hadn't. Some gruesome and some just completely absurd! Some particular highlights of mine were the stories by Ince himself; Phil Jupitus, Stewart Lee and Sara Pascoe, though I don't think I'd say there was a single story I disliked. Each sets out to do different things and regardless of the outcome none can be criticised for being unoriginal. This collection is an absolute must for horror and comedy fans, and fans of excellent writing in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment