Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#TheBeastOfTheStapletons by James Lovegrove mini spoiler free book review

Sherlock Holmes and The Beast of the StapletonsSherlock Holmes and The Beast of the Stapletons by James Lovegrove
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 years on from the first Lovegrove Holmes book, "The Christmas Demon", and the demise of the Hound Of The Baskervilles, could Jack Stapleton really have survived and be executing his dastardly plans once again on the residence of Baskerville hall.

Sir Henry's wife Audrey murdered and a giant, bloodsucking moth on the loose. Who else should take on this case, but the legendary Holmes and Watson.

The characters are even more detailed than before, and the journey spanning many more varied locations this time has even more meat to it than before. It feel's completely believable as a Conan Doyle novel, just sightlier easier to digest in Lovegrove's modern tongue.

I found the story gripping - the pace of events seems to slowly increase right up until the climatic end, with many twists and turns.

Again, the physical copy is beautiful and will look amazing on the shelf, and the attention to detail and to the source material is second to none. A really enjoyable, modern Sherlock story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment