Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#TheThursdayMurderClub by #RichardOsman mini spoiler free book review

The Thursday Murder ClubThe Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A nice murder mystery. Is that an oxymoron? Well that's what The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman is. Nice.

A cute story of a group of four pensioners living in a rather swanky retirement village, and who investigate murders in the jigsaw room when the schedule allows.

Without spoiling the plot, I can tell you this is a well written story, split between different perspectives and journal entries by Joyce, one of the 4 members of The Thursday Murder Club.
The chapters are fantastically short which keeps the pace up. There are lots of likeable characters and some we like to hate. The story, whilst witty and a bit daft, can be very poignant and emotional at times, and addresses lots of issues that retirees at a certain stage in life can be expected to be dealing with.

I'd hate to spoil the plot for anyone, so if you're a fan of murder mystery and want something easy going and to have a bit of a laugh, you could do far worse. Good fun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment