Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#WarlockHolmes Book 2 #TheHellhoundOfTheBaskervilles by #GSDenning mini spoiler free review

The Hell-Hound of the Baskervilles (Warlock Holmes #2)The Hell-Hound of the Baskervilles by G.S. Denning
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Take a Sherlock Holmes novel, and dip it in a big cauldron of demons, magic and comedy and you kind of get a feel for what the Warlock Holmes novels are about.

The first half of the book is made up of some shorter investigations happening in the time of Warlock's recuperation after the events of book 1.

The second and bulk of the book is the main story, the hell hound of the Baskervilles.

Most of the investigative legwork is taken on by Watson in these stories, leaving the magic and demon liaison to Warlock. Denning takes a classic Sherlock story and turns it on it's head, as the truth turns out to bt the fantastical.

It's all a bit silly, which I love. It's lighthearted tone only briefly giving way to some darker, more serious bits which is a perfect mix. The characters feel as varied as they would've in an original Doyle novel, only with the fantasy treatment.

There's not much else to say. If you liked Harry Potter growing up, and now read crime fiction, you'll love this mix of the two. Just don't expect anything serious, but I personally think the daftness is part of it's charm. Recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment