Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#TwasTheNightshiftBeforeChristmas by #AdamKay mini spoiler free book review

Twas the Nightshift Before ChristmasTwas the Nightshift Before Christmas by Adam Kay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A shorter, Christmas themed version of 'This Is Going To Hurt', a series of stories, anecdotes from Kay's time in the medical profession primarily working in obstetrics and gynaecology.

From the heartbreaking to the hilarious, Kay covers just about every human emotion in this follow up, and just as before I thoroughly enjoyed learning, laughing and laboring my way through his incredibly well remembered entries.

It's a great way to remember those less fortunate than ourselves who have to sacrifice the days off and family traditions of Christmas for working on a gruelling front line of a hospital. Some highlights include the rescued semen sample that doesn't quite cut it; the heartbreaking 5th attempt at IVF; the rare act of kindness as his Christmas shift gets covered, only to spend it not quite in the way you might think... and many more besides. Another solid collection from Adam Kay.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment